The Technical Regulatory Authority shall analyse the specific markets of electronic communications. Such markets include:
- call termination wholesale service in the phone network
- call termination wholesale service in the mobile phone network
- local access wholesale service in a determined location
- mass product central access wholesale service in a determined location
- high-quality central access wholesale service in a determined location
If necessary, the TRA shall determine the company with significant market power on the analysed markets and establish such a company market-specific obligations and supervise their performance.
The TRA shall review the roaming service additional fee implementation applications submitted by mobile operators and, if required, issue a licence for the implementation of additional fees for roaming services.
The TRA shall resolve disputes related to the implementation of measures established in the building legislation for favouring the rapid introduction of the communications network.
The TRA shall collect information on the developments of Estonia’s electronic communications markets, publishes it on its website and forwards it to international organisations (mainly BEREC, ITU, OECD, European Commission).